Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day 2 of Blog Challenge. Digital Native or Digital Immigrant?

Day 2
Write about one piece of technology that you would like to try this year, and why. You might also write about what you’re hoping to see out of this edtech integration. #reflectiveteacher

Our District went 1:1 with iPads for teachers 3 years ago. So, for 3 years, I have had a love affair with my iPad and I think my husband would agree with that. Two years ago, the district went 1:1 with all HS students and it has been a roller coaster ride. After last year, I decided that I want to focus on those Applications that lead towards proficiency. I did some incredible things last year that didn't lead to proficiency in Spanish. Kids spent days photoshopping themselves unto sites in Spain last year, which made for wonderful and impressive photography but didn't increase their ability to read, speak or write in the language.

This year, I plan to expand some of the uses of my favorite Aps and try some new ones. My favorite and most useful tool is Edmodo. I use it for everything but this year I plan to add blogging. I would love to use Twitter but our district has Twitter blocked for all students, so that wouldn't work for in class blogging. I also want to use SockPuppets for dialogues, Socrative for formative assessments and want to experiment with Kahoot since I hear so much about it. I want to expand my use of Google Drive for collaboration and play with Google classroom. Maybe I will  add one section to it, just to try it.I also plan to do at least one lesson on Google Earth. I have learned how to use it but haven't done much with it. I think it is a wonderful tool for our field.

Our district is moving towards All In Learning for Data Teams testing and reporting, so it will be an Ap with which I will become quite familiar.

Tech integration is bringing the world into my classroom. It is allowing me to access and bring authentic resources in real time to my students.

Blogger Challenge Badge 2014.pngMove over millennials, this teacher has taken up citizenship in the digital world!   


No comments:

Post a Comment